10 Item That Need Climate- Controlled Storage
1) Wood Furniture- When exposed to too much moisture over time, wood can crack, warp or rot. For anyone storing wooden furniture, this makes having climate controlled storage absolutely necessary.
2) Leather Furniture- Leather is sensitive tto swings of hot and cold and that's the case in central Illinois.
3) Household Appliances- Climate control protects protects electronic and mechanical parts from cracking and rust, which can cause permanent damage.
4) Special Collections- This includes coins, stamps, comics and wine. Fluctuating temperatures can accelerate wine aging and give wine an oxidized or metallic taste.
5) Musical Instruments- Percussion, string, brass or woodwind instruments should have consistent humidity.
6) Artwork- It's important to maintain the unit's temperature when storing artwork.
7) Clothing- The last thing you want is mold and mildew when storing your clothes. A wedding gown is especially sensitive to temperature swings.
8) Business Documents & Inventory- Documents can fade, discolor or dissolve with exposure to moisture.
9) Photos- Help ensure that your memories will be preserved.
10) Electronics- TV & monitors don't do well with temperatures on the extremee ends of the thermometer.
We have five different size climate controlled spaces: 5' x 5', 5' x 10', 10' x 10', 10' x 15' and 10' x 20'.